Software testing is a planned set of activities to provide stakeholders with information about the quality of the product or service under test. In other way it is the planned activity to identify the software is working as expected, based on requirement or user needs. Software evaluation involve some of the basic points mentioned below :
- Meets the product or customer requirement or satisfy the stakeholder needs.
- Should give proper response to all type of Inputs, it may be correct or wrong input.
- Function within applicable or acceptable time.
- Should be usable by the user.
- Can be implemented on intended environment.
Software Testing can be started once the product or software is in executable form. But the preparation for testing the software can be start much before the software is ready, example: understanding requirement, test planning, strategy, test design, test case writing, reporting criteria and mechanism, choosing automation tool if any required to do regression, retesting and so on.. Software Testing is a phase in software development life cycle which comes after coding and before implementation of software. so it is very important to a software tester to understand the software requirement thoroughly and do good testing.
Software testing is a process to find system works as expected.