UFT Automation Lesson 2
Framework is key to success, when start any work and to get success on that you should plan.
The same way framework is the base for any automation testing.
Framework is Structure – the set of rules function and prototype which you will use in your automation testing.
Why We need Framework?
If we will not use framework, then our scripts, tests and data will be in unstructured manner and maintenance of script and development of script will cost more.
So if we want to use reusability of function or script created and maintain them for longer time, we should use Framework.
What is Framework?
In detail framework is Structure of your test, scripts, libraries, data and functions, so easy to develop, maintain and reuse.
Developing a framework
In terms of Test Framework when an automation tester start developing framework below are the major activities need to be followed.
Prerequisite or activities which can be done before developing a framework.
- Basic/Intermediate understanding of application under test.
- Verify and validate the Manual scripts which is already written.
- Selection of tool’s and technology, based the available competencies.
- Do the feasibility analysis, which includes POC and estimation with small presentation to stake holders, based on that decision can be made.
- Do ROI calculation – with effort and time compare with manual execution.
Activities to develop framework.
- Design or plan the basic Folder Structure. To maintain Data, Results and Test Script.
- Can be used as HP ALM or other tools available.
- Test Scripts includes library files and Object repository.
- Library files have various function, which can be common utility or business function.
Will discuss more in detail about library, functions and repository in detail further in this tutorial.
- Selection of the Test cases and scenarios needs to be automated.
Automation Framework Type
In terms of UFT generally there are four type of framework.
- Data Driven
- BPT framework
- Hybrid framework.